Grants for women returning to science

Beth Gold EUCM18A at prodigy.com
Thu Jul 11 00:17:22 EST 1996

This is way overdue, but I just got to it.

A while ago I asked about grants for women returning to science and many
of you gave me answers.  I finally got around to following up those
answers.  I called the number that follows and was told that the next
grant period information was not quite ready and they put me on their
mailing list.  I asked about returning to the lab as a postdoc, I'll have
to wait to see what they send me.

If you have Web access, check out

http://www.cs.yale.edu/HTML/YALE/CS/HyPlans/tap/fellowships.html
Lots of information on grants, some especially for women. I don't know of
a government program -- you might check out the American Association of
University Women Educational Foundation at 1111 16th St., NW, Washington,
DC 20036, 319-337-1716.

----------------------------
Here's something else I found:

Bunting Institute of Radcliffe College
34 Concord Avenue
Cambridge, MA  02138
(617) 495-8212

Science Scholars Fellowship Program

Purpose of program:  To support women scientists at any level in their
careers in the fields of science.  (I'm not including all the fields
mentioned but there are many.)

This is for the post-doc level.

I doubt that either of these are strictly for women returning to the lab
after raising a family.  I know this specific grant existed at some point,
 but it may have been discontinued as have many funding opportunities
these days.

Beth Gold