More Post-doc questions...

mynlieffm at vms.csd.mu.edu mynlieffm at vms.csd.mu.edu
Tue Jul 9 12:18:44 EST 1996

In article <31E260A6.41C6 at picard.niehs.nih.gov>, "Rachelle J. Bienstock" <rachelle at picard.niehs.nih.gov> writes:
>On this same post doc thread, I want to say that post docs are
>very narrow and limited in many ways....For example many have
>age limitations- i.e. can't be over 30, and some have limitations
>on the numbers of years a person is past their PhD- like 5...
>suppose a person went into industry for a few years, and then wanted
>to go back to academia?  It makes it very difficult for them to enter

I've never heard of a 30 year old age limitation.  This would indeed be sad
news to many of our female grad students ranging in age from 37 to 50 years of
age!!  I've known many, many people starting postdocs after the age of 30 and
certainly almost everyone is beyond 30 by the end of their post doc years.

Michelle Mynlieff