lack of support

Cassandra Smith clsmith at DARWIN.BU.EDU
Tue Jul 2 14:28:13 EST 1996

Judy,

It is quite clear that you need some scientific advice. There must be
laboratories at Duke that you could collaborate with so that you can
get the help you need. Many laboratories use the approch you have
described and should be able to give you help. I would think that the
lab head would have no objection to this as she is not experienced in
the method and also would like to see the experiments
succeed...perhaps even she could suggest who to contact locally.  If
you cannot get the help you need locally, you should go someplace
where you can.

Frankly, you have to enjoy what you are doing, science is too hard
otherwise....also I hope that you are not being too hard on
yourself...if you really cannot resolve this you should make plans
to leave asap so you are ind the type of environment that you feel good
about..

Cassandra Smith

Although my lab has done similar things, it is very hard to give advice over
the network and much more useful to have a good local source
for information and support.