sports & baking & frustration!

Karen Allendoerfer ravena at cco.caltech.edu
Sat Dec 21 18:02:48 EST 1996

In article <32BAC726.754A at pitt.edu>, ktlee+ at pitt.edu wrote:

> I don't think you have to choose between science and femininity, but
> you might have to change your definition of feminine.

I agree completely!  Who says that one has to bake cookies or clean up
after others or whatever to be "feminine"?  It's not clear to me that
these traits are so valuable as to have to be psychologically (or
otherwise) defended.  If one is "unfeminine" because one doesn't bake or
is aggressive, is this definition of "femininity" really worth very much?
Why not just blow it off and move on to more important things?

--The other Karen