Doing RFLP paper-any good stuff?

Neo Martinez szmrtnz at peseta.ucdavis.edu
Fri Sep 29 04:49:46 EST 1995

Howdy folks,
	it's a bit disappointing to read all the negative and aggressive
sci.bio.ecology newsgroup and have never seen the likes there.  And
there's some very general questions posted, "Does anyone know where I can
find something out about biodiversity?"
	No one has to "do someone's work for them."  The negative
book on 'Biodiversity', its perhaps most central and classic reference."
That response could save a student hours of reading a ton of other trash
on the subject.  As folks browse these newsgroups, they can respond at
their leisure and really help folks out.  Even the sarcastic question
about ion transport could be responded to by someone very familiar with
the area that cites a basic textbook that does a particularly good job of
explaining the issue.
	It doesn't make much sense to discourage folks requesting
information... especially a woman in biology asking a biological
question.  Isn't that one of the main reasons for this group?  If you
don't want to help or can't, just go to a more interesting post!
	enjoy,
					-neo
Neo D. Martinez
Research Fellow