Does anyone have some advice?

SLForsburg susan_forsburg at qm.salk.edu
Sat Sep 23 14:34:52 EST 1995

deal at cce.ubc.ca wrote:

>Research....hmmmm....been there, grant funding ran out.  A labour of love and
>a decision that I believe should be made out of love rather than rationale.

Absolutely.  Doing science can be wonderful, but there is so much
garbage/politics/ absence of funding to deal with  these days that
 to get through it, you have to feel basic science is not merely
a career, but a compelling and consuming vocation.
You have to want it more than anything.  A labour of love indeed!

susan, still doing science

S L Forsburg
susan_forsburg at qm.salk.edu
 "I don't speak for the Institute,
 and the Institute  doesnt speak for me."