interview attire

LarkClaass larkclaass at aol.com
Sun Oct 15 09:09:28 EST 1995

In general, I agree that it's better to dress a little for a job
interview, but don't make
my mistake.  I got a post-doc interview with the Harvard P.I. of my
dreams.  So my husband bought me a very nice, tailored linen black dress,
double-breasted.  It was beautiful and discreet, but definitely something
to be worn in an office.  I got a very strong, negative reaction to my
attire.

What I have seen interviewing women wear are of the" skirts + something
else" variety.  Very academic-looking, the female equivalent of khakis and
a sports coat.