Speakers needed: Ecotox

kkaye at vax.oxford.ac.uk kkaye at vax.oxford.ac.uk
Mon May 29 10:23:21 EST 1995

Dear Women-in-Bio:

I am looking for a couple of speakers to give talks (remunerated and expenses,
I believe) at a commercial but high-level two-day meeting on ecotoxicology.

Specifically, I'm looking for someone to talk about the applications and uses
of spatial sampling and modelling in a GIS environment specific for ecotox
applications; and for someone who has experience in tox monitoring for public
health purposes: not the product development end, pre-registration, but
preferably the monitoring of newly-registered and newly-re-registered products
in the environment.

This is at the stage of development, so I can't give exact dates; what I'd need
is to get into dialogue with whomever responds, in the  form of discussing what
topics need to be addressed, cvs, etc, and so the process may take a bit of
time to formalise. My past experience tells me that this is a good chance to
meet people and the money isn't impossibly bad.

I have connections and people to ask more personally, but I wanted to open up
my network a bit and see who was out there... ;-) After all, I don't claim to
know Everybody Who's Anybody!

Thanks for your attention to this preliminary request.

Katherine J. Kaye
kkaye at vax.ox.ac.uk
Katherine