Should women be held to same standard?

Vicky J Meretsky meretsky at aruba.ccit.arizona.edu
Fri May 26 14:50:19 EST 1995

I, too, had assumed the original message was troll bait for the simple
reason that the person being discussed could probably be identified beyond
a shadow of a doubt by giving her department, her relative length of tenure
in the department, etc.  Since it is unusual for members of this list to
breach privacy of others, and the only other instance I can remember was
clearly a troll, it seemed likely this one was, too, although certainly
a subtler example.  I would really *prefer* that it was a troll.  If it
wasn't, I would be interested to know whether any departmental or institutional
censuring occurred.

Vicky Meretsky