they ate danish at the defense

Marcy Grebus mgrebus at postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu
Tue May 23 10:18:47 EST 1995

Greetings bionetters,

After that interesting discussion regarding food at defenses, just wanted to
share with you all that yesterday I served homemade danish.  My mother made
them for me, and she really seemed to appreciate being able to do something
that could help me at such a stressful time.  The committee gobbled them up.
The examination was actually rather pleasant, though it was a big relief to
have it over with.  They made me wait in the hall about 3 minutes.  Funny, but
it seems that either my committee members have really mellowed over the years
or else I've somehow managed to become much less intimidated by them.

What a relief!

Marcy, now buried in 5 different versions of dissertation editorial
comments... but happy because it's OVER.