Serving food at your Defense?

GBarona gbarona at aol.com
Sat May 13 22:33:43 EST 1995

Your colleagues in the lab may prefer to make a pot-luck celebration for
yoy.  That's what happened during my thesis defense many year's ago.  BTW,
I excused myself while my committee had a picky discussion.  When I
returned, the committee had resolved its issue, I was granted my degree
and I was informed that it was one of the best defenses (notwithstanding
my walk-out!).  It is important to relay that you understand your
material, that you know your limits of knowledge and that you do allow the
committee to make some of its decisions on their own.

Toby Horn, Ph.D. MCD Biology 1978