Affirmative action

Amy McGough amcgough at bcm.tmc.edu
Thu May 4 15:09:39 EST 1995

Just as a clarification to Marcy Grebus who seemed put off by my last
posting, the particular incident I had in mind re my husband was not in
getting a job.  His former employer was having a policy discussion about
how to 'gender-neutralize' their books (it was a publisher) and no men
were included even though he asked to participate.

I'm sorry I mentioned it as you used it to attack my personal life, which
is none of your business.  My only point was that these issues about
affirmative action affect women who are married to or involved with men
on two levels --- in terms of their careers and the careers of their
husbands.

			--- Amy