osteoporosis etc

Mary Jane Nather natherm at ucs.orst.edu
Mon Feb 27 21:09:50 EST 1995

A better way to increase calcium intake without increasing the fat that's
dangerous to your heart is to add a few teaspoons of powdered, non-fat
milk (like Carnation brand) to your skim milk.  It also eliminates that
"watery" taste some complain about.  I have never heard that you *need*
fat in your milk in order to efficiently absorb the vitamin D needed to
build bone.

MJ