The Work Shoe?

edjorgensen at delphi.com edjorgensen at delphi.com
Fri Feb 17 20:31:52 EST 1995

Anyone who thinks the subject of shoes is pure vanity should
try wearing high heels all day on the typical hard laboratory
floor!  Of course I'm interested in anything that would end
this occasionally necessary torture.

The ideal shoe should provide some cushioning and arch support,
and should be wide enough and broad enough in the toe to
resemble actual human feet.  It seems from the postings that
both a low-heeled version and a flat version would be
appreciated.  Nothing weird, though (like Earth Shoes).

Although I agree that the culture should and must eventually
change over to accept more logically-designed shoes for women
in a "white collar" environment, I feel that Reebok should not
abandon the idea of some sort of hybrid- a shoe that is better
for the feet than the traditional pump, but still looks similar
enough for those of us who are uncomfortable making a more
aggressive statement.

Bravo to Reebok for thinking of us, and good luck with the
project.

Ellen D. Jorgensen, Ph.D.
Director of Scientific Affairs
Albert B. Sabin Vaccine Foundation