advice for girls interested in sexism

Sheryl White slw at med.uvm.edu
Tue Feb 14 14:02:12 EST 1995

Terry Parks (Terry.Parks at launchpad.unc.edu) wrote:
:
: And why not male scientists? Most of the best scientists are, in fact,
: male. In addition, not restricting your applicant pool will greatly
^^^^^^
Wow, this really means sooo much, especially coming from such an
unbigoted, nonsexist person like Terry.
  I was discussing the topic of equal pay, discrimination in science,
etc...with some colleagues (several male, one female, for the record) and
brought up some of Terry's posts.  The men unanimously asked what planet
Terry was from and I had to say I didn't know.  Hopefully not ours.

--
.
       Voice: (802) 656-4433  E-Mail: slw at salus.med.uvm.edu