Grad school

Patricia Foster pfoster at bu.edu
Sun Nov 13 18:32:03 EST 1994

  I would like to bring something up that seems to
be left out of this thread.  When you are in grad
school or when you are a postdoc, your decisions
about procreation not only affect you and your spouse,
but also your advisor.  This person is often supporting
you, and is certainly relying on your input as part of
his or her career.  When you have a faculty position,
you are on your own, and the impact is on your career.
Why don't I hear any discussion of this?

Pat

--
Patricia L. Foster
Boston University School of Medicine