Why no MEN-IN-BIOLOGY ?

Pete Muriana MURIANAP at FOODSCI.PURDUE.EDU
Thu Nov 3 08:44:50 EST 1994

In article <emerkin-0211941437450001 at 150.209.22.7> emerkin at itsmail1.hamilton.edu (Emily Beth Merkin) writes:

>***This too is my first contact with the newsgroup, but I find it quite
>obvious why there is such a group...women consistantly have been steered

    Although I have no problem with the creation of bionet.w-i-b, I do think
some issues that have been discussed (as above) may be best served by bringing
such discussions to the bionet.general readership rather than secluded within
bionet.w-i-b as, more-or-less, a place to vent.

-Regards, Peter

>away from the sciences until the last few years, yet I
even find this at>the collegiate level at times.  A support network for women
in sciences is>a valuable resource.  As for a Men In Biology newsgroup...well,
the>majority of biologists are most likely men, so that shouldn't be too
>difficult.>            Emily Beth Merkin at emerkin at hamilton.edu

*  Peter M. Muriana, Ph.D.             317-494-8284   TEL            *
*  Dept. of Food Science               317-494-7953   FAX            *
*  Purdue University                   murianap at foodsci.purdue.edu   *
*  Smith Hall                                                        *
*  W. Lafayette, IN  47907-1160                                      *