Gender lines

Fletcher Rick fletcher at osprey.csrv.uidaho.edu
Thu May 26 02:29:57 EST 1994

Mona Oommen (oommen at brazil.psych.purdue.edu) wrote:
: In article <01HCR1S0S0W2HSJTQ7 at CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU> AZPIROZ at CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU writes:
: >
: And here's one woman who does *not* feel that sharing a position is fine.
: I feel that it is certainly exploitative to the woman and the man.  If
: both are good at their work, then they should get from the employer what
: they deserve.  Why should being married or being part of a couple have
: such high costs?
: Mona Oommen

Errr...  maybe because there is only one job available?  I'll bet that
90% of the schools in this country can't manufacture a faculty position
on demand.  My college has *created* only a few new positions in the
past 10 years, even though enrollment has increased by a large amount.

Rick
--
T. Rick Fletcher
Assistant professor of chemistry  |  That's Idaho, not Iowa.    |  These