What is the deal?

Alan Hinds U32472 at uicvm.uic.edu
Wed May 25 02:35:10 EST 1994

In article <2rtijq$7bk at agate.berkeley.edu>, lmk2 at garnet.berkeley.edu (Leslie
Kay) says:

>The ad was posted to all newsgroups, or at least to
>a large subset of them.  I always send these things back
>with a note attached, hoping that they have to pay
>per message or length of message.
>
>Leslie Kay
>lmk2 at garnet.berkeley.edu

Please do not respond to these postings in any way!  This appears
to be a cruel hoax designed to generate just such responses.  The
posters account is rigged to forward *all* email to an innocent
bystander, Marc Andreesen, who is now getting bombarded by your
as the chief author of Mosaic, a tool for navigating the World
Wide Web.  There will probably be many repeats of this kind of
mischief.  See newsgroup news.admin.misc for a complete account
of this fiasco.