Gender lines

AZPIROZ at CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU AZPIROZ at CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU
Wed May 25 11:25:07 EST 1994

OK, Janet Ott. You believe:"I find it
interesting that this discussion is splitting along gender lines.  The
guys all feel it's unfair and exploitative to share a position, and the
women all feel it's fine as long as the couple is content.  Cathy
Quinones is right - if they agree to the position, then it's fine.  What
are you guys worried about really?  "sharing?"  Having "only half a
position?"  Not being in "full control?"

Sorry. Most guys on this network don't feel that way. Maybe you have
experience with someone like that on a daily basis. But, hey, I'm just a
guy. What do I know about exploitation? How dare I think my opinion is
valid -I have no experience.

Happy?

Ricardo Azpiroz
Plant Sciences
U. Arizona

P.S. Suppose a guy wrote that maybe the reason women thought sharing was OK
was because they feel they can't hack it alone, and are afraid to have their
own job? That is the mirror-image argument to your hypothesis on my motives.
Dangerous, is it not?