Two Career Couples

Estelle Hrabak HRABAKE at MACC.WISC.EDU
Tue May 17 21:13:58 EST 1994

Hi, I am very interested in the reports that it IS possible for couples to find
jobs at the same place.  What I'd really like to know is how that was arranged
in the first place.  I am preparing to go on my second job interview.  I turned
down the offer at the first place for a number of reasons, one of which was that
is was not apparent that my husband (who is in the same general research area as
I am) would be able to find employment in the area.  This time, he is going with
me to check out the job possibilities (it is a bigger city than the first one),
but is having problems finding out what is available.  So I guess that I have 2
main questions: 1- How did the couples who share positions or have jobs at the
same place arrange that?   2- What is the best way to try to find meaningful
employment opportunities if no other job advertisements are known?
Thanks very much,
Estelle Hrabak