women in natural resources

Jessie Micales jmicales at facstaff.wisc.edu
Fri May 6 10:17:01 EST 1994

Greetings!  I've had many private inquiries about the journal "Women in
Natural Resources," so I thought I'd post some additional information.  This
is taken directly from the magazine:
	"Women in Natural Resources" provides information and ideas for,
from and about women who work in natural resources.  Topics covered in the
journal are those of forestry, wildlife, range, fisheries, recreation,
arboriculture, ecology, and the social sciences as they relate to natural
resources.  We address issues of administration and personnel, gender
related topics, educational resources, and support mechanisms.  Technical
articles suitable for reading by professionals in varied natural resource
fields are also featured.  Our contributors effectively integrate the
factual the personal, and the philosophical aspects of the working
professional.

	To submit full length manuscripts: (and here I summarize):
		Use style dictated by the leading journal in your own
profession or the Chicago Manual of Style.
		Send manuscripts on a disc formatted in Microsoft
Word (or you can make arrangements with the editor for other software
packages) but include hard copies as well
		Camera-ready graphs.
		Average length 5-15 pages (1.5 spaced)

	To submit short department items:
			 Copies or originals with author, source, date, and
submittee's name.

	Subscription Information:
		Personal subscriptions are $19 ($35 outside of US; $35 for
government agencies, libraries, corporations, etc.)  Make checks payable to
"WiNR."   Send checks and any other inquiries to:
			WiNR, Bowers Lab
			University of Idaho
			Moscow, ID  83843  USA
			208-885-6754
			208-885-5875 (FAX)
Please contact me if you have any questions.  It's an excellent journal -
especially interesting since it includes information from so many different
fields.
jmicales at facstaff.wisc.edu
Jessie Micales
Research Plant Pathologist