HELLO! and all that followed

Anne Savitt asavitt at sunysb.edu
Mon Jul 18 15:27:31 EST 1994

In article <01HEUO4XFP2Q8WW60N at CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU> ,
AZPIROZ at CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU writes:
>Well, it's guy-butting-in time!
>
>I have encountered gender-related bias on this group only, too. But it is
>as often by women as by men. Some of you may recall previous discussions
>about what the heck us guys are doing on this net, and go home, and that
>kind of stuff.

Sorry, Ricardo.  I didn!t mean to imply that ALL men who post to this
group exhibit gender bias.  Certainly there have been many men who have
made valuable contributions to discussions, and many women who have
responded unfavorably.  My point was simply that I have not experienced
it on any of the other bionet groups I read.

Anne
asavitt at sunysb.edu