"pornography" in the work place

LISA M. MADSEN madsen at mcclb0.med.nyu.edu
Sat Jan 29 20:40:01 EST 1994

Its very hard to limit computer usage in a lab without stepping on
someones toes and possibly coming up against the First amendment.  I
do agree that "pornography" displayed during work hours is in poor
taste.  Our lab has dealt with a similar situation.  Basically
recreational activities (playing games, reading racy
newsgroups,"pornography viewing") can occur after work hours
(7pm-6am).  Access to e-mail and other non-pornographic newsgroups has
not been limited for these are valuable services.  This system has
worked for us, give it a try.  Just my two cents.

Lisa M. Madsen
Department of Microbiology
Sackler Institute, New York University