pregnancy and travel

Bonham, Peta pbonham at pbi.nrc.ca
Wed Jan 12 11:21:19 EST 1994

I agree with you that it is nobody's business but yours and your doctor's
(maybe your husband also!!!) whether you are going to have a baby but I also
wonder if you have thought about what would happen if you went into labour
with complications during the flight. Many babies are born early - I had two
both early and one with complications.  The airline would not be responsible
for the outcome of your labour - if you are willing to go with that then I
was under the impression that if you had a letter from your doctor then the
airline will let you fly. Remember, airlines can refuse to take anybody they
so wish
Peta Bonham-Smith
REPLY FROM: Bonham, Peta