patriarchal science

Lori Kohlstaedt kohlstaedt at sbmm1.ucsb.edu
Sun Dec 11 19:57:49 EST 1994

I'd just like to add my vote to Adrian's.  There IS objective reality, and
it's NOT specifically male.  The idea that the answer depends on the nature
of the one asking the question is postmodernist drivel.

I'm also a crystallographer.  Macromolecular structures look the same
whether solved by Adrain (male) or by me (female).  The path to the answer
may be influenced by our individual abilities and prejudices, but the answer
itself is the same.  Period.
Lori Kohlstaedt
Dept. of Chemistry, UCSB
(805) 893-8687