cDNA help need

Hanson Lab Lab_Mac_Hanson at QMrelay.mail.cornell.edu
Fri Dec 9 08:46:47 EST 1994

In article <D0H8MB.IJq at osuunx.ucc.okstate.edu>, Wenjun Huang
<biocwjh at osuvm1.bitnet> wrote:

> 	I need a help! (for my first strand cDNA synthesis from cotton cell
> suspension culture)
[a big deletion of the description of the prep]
Wenjun,
I know how frustrating it is to have cDNA synthesis not work.  And I work
with plant material.  I have a few suggestions.
-I am not sure, but I thought ATA inactivated RNA as well as the RNases
that you add it for.  I would try leaving it out of your prep.
-Better though, I suggest trying the RNA prep described for plant material
in Current Protocols (the Red Book).  It has worked well for me.  There are
other RNA preps that might work as well (all of the "new" Guanidine-phenol
types) but I have no experience with them.
 Good luck, in any case.
Claudia Sutton  aka cas9 at cornell.edu