married...in grad school...with children

C. A. Stewart cheryl at wijiji.santafe.edu
Fri Aug 26 11:58:25 EST 1994

In article <33h7aa$378 at darkstar.UCSC.EDU> quinones at orchid.UCSC.EDU (Cathy Quinones) writes:
>KILL THIS THREAD!  See thread die.  Die, thread, die...

You're not going to change the facts by killing the messenger, dearie.

>Do Not Resucitate.
>Go bye-bye.
>All in favor say "Aye"...

It's very characteristic of women in their 20's to think that all
the "bad things feminists complain about" will never happen to THEM,
so it's therefore not their problem, and besides the LAW will protect
them if it does.  Ha ha ha ha ha.  Just wait until you're fired after
making a complaint when some fat, wheezing, alcoholic heart-attack
candidate grabs your ass and starts asking for oral sex in extremely
indelicate terms---who also happens to be your boss, and who can (and
will) destroy both your reputation and your career.  Good luck, girl.

Yes, people like that DO work in Universities.  They're called Professors.
They think that you're game once you're out of kindergarten, er, I mean,
your undergraduate program.  They're *starting* to figure out that grad
students are also off-limits, but female post-docs are just treated no
better than whores.   Some of them behave no better, and guess what?
They're the ones that are employed 5 years down the road.

Guess you'll just have to find out the hard way.

Enjoy graduate school---which, as I understand, you haven't started yet.

--
Cheryl A. Stewart		after 1 September:
Santa Fe Institute 		430 Kelton Avenue #409