married...in grad school...w/children

Sarah Pallas pallas at cephalo.neusc.bcm.tmc.edu
Tue Aug 16 11:32:31 EST 1994

In article <32p1j1$os2 at darkstar.UCSC.EDU> quinones at orchid.UCSC.EDU (Cathy Quinones) writes:
>In article <32osv9$4bc at gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> pallas at cephalo.neusc.bcm.tmc.edu (Sarah Pallas) writes:
>>Just for the record, lest someone actually think sexual harassment is
>>a thing of the past, most surveys report 25-30% of academic women have
>>experienced gender-based harassment at least once.
>
>But, did these situations convince you that men with PhDs ARE mysogynistic
>by nature?

No, and I never said that.  Perhaps you are confusing me with someone
else?  Please check the attributions of the posts you reply to.  I was
reacting to your implication that sexual harassment does not exist at
your institution.  Now you have clarified your statements, and said
that actually YOU have experienced harassment.  I would agree that one
should try to assume the best of people, male or female, until proven
wrong.  I can empathize, however, with people that have been so badly
treated that in the interest of their own safety/sanity, they react
negatively against a group of people.  I don't say that I accept it,
just that I understand it.

Sarah Pallas, Ph.D.