Comments on.....

DRAEGER at WINROCK.ORG DRAEGER at WINROCK.ORG
Wed Nov 3 10:12:25 EST 1993

Greetings to everyone,
I've been on the women in bio net for a number of months and will
introduce myself as well. I'm Kathy Draeger, recently finished my MS in
Soil Science (microbiology) and now work in international agricultural
development. My area is biological nitrogen fixation in food legumes.
It's a lot of fun--I would have never guessed that soil science could be
so adventurous! Really.

I agree with Karen's observation about the amount of posting by men on
this net-- I have often wondered about that as well. We discussed a
number of months back the general lack of women in all the scientific
nets, but at that time we heard mostly from women here. What's the deal?

Secondly I would like to address Wade on the German Social Status issue.
Where was your "IN MY HUMBLE OPINION" ??? People are free to make strong
and direct statements and I found Diane's point well taken. We also
discussed on this net why women always add "this is just my opinion,
but...." statements to any commentary they have. Why do you feel that
Diane should have to preface a strong statement of belief, and would you
expect the same from a man or from yourself???

Kathy  Draeger at Winrock.org