Science issue

Paul Barton-Davis pauld at cs.washington.edu
Tue May 4 20:48:43 EST 1993

Just in the interest of traffic: yes, I thought the Science issue was
really quite good. They seemed to have found a very nice tone: that
diversity is the real goal, but that obviously includes more inclusion
of women in science. There was a strange agnosticism on the question
of "a female way of doing science", but thats understandable. I
thought the articles on "the Leaky women" (a rather demeaning label if
ever there was one) were fascinating. It would have been nice to see a
radical analysis of tenure and how it affects things, rather than the
somewhat tamer tone they took.

-- paul (but as a male, on the edge of science, what do I know ?)
--
Oh look out my country's patriots are hunting down below
What do they know of England who only England know  - B.B. 1991