[Toxicology] organophosphates

pierre jpm at netgate.com.au
Sun Mar 26 04:49:23 EST 2006

Hi there
I'm new to the group -  Organophosphate anticholinesterases have been
used for long-term glaucoma treatment and have been shown to cause
cataracts. I have read that this is not due to cholinesterase
inhibition but via another mechanism and so far I have not been able to
find what other mechanism may be involved?
can anyone point me in the right direction?
pierre