[Toxicology] BCERF eUpdate July 2005

Ellen Hartman eh79 at cornell.edu
Fri Jul 22 11:17:02 EST 2005

WELCOME to the eUpdate for the Program on Breast Cancer and
Environmental Risk Factors (BCERF). This update is provided by BCERF
to inform our sponsors and supporters of changes and additions to our
web site. Thank you for your interest in our program and web site.

Web site: http://envirocancer.cornell.edu

Program on Breast Cancer and Environmental Risk Factors (BCERF)
Now part of the Sprecher Institute for Comparative Cancer Research
(Cornell University)

EXPLORE THE AGRICULTURAL HEALTH STUDY (AHS)  BCERF reviews the
Agricultural Health Study (AHS). This large-scale, long-term study is
evaluating whether the use of pesticides is or is not associated with
increased risk of different cancers, as well as other health effects.
See our web page <http://envirocancer.cornell.edu/Research/AgHealth/>
for an overview of the study and highlights of new findings as well
as links to more information.

WHAT IS TRANSLATIONAL RESEARCH?  Translational research is at the
heart of BCERF's mission. We start by gathering and critiquing basic
research on environmental risk factors, and translate this
information into different formats that can be used by the public,
medical professionals, educators, activists, other scientists, the
regulatory community, and policy makers. Find out more about our
approach in our new Translational Research pages
<http://envirocancer.cornell.edu/BCEResearch/Translational.cfm>.

UNDERSTANDING RESEARCH PROJECTS  Drawn from the archives of The
Ribbon newsletter, this collection of articles includes reviews of
current projects, commentaries on cancer research, and key concepts
for understanding the design and results of research projects. See
our new collection of articles
<http://envirocancer.cornell.edu/newsletter/newsResearch.cfm>.

SAVE THE DATE FOR THE CANCER AND ENVIRONMENT FORUM
September 30, 2005 from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Room 711 A, The Legislative Office Building
Albany, New York

More details will be available later in the summer.

BCERF strives to provide information on environmental risk factors
and the risk of breast cancer and other hormonally dependent cancers.
We provide information in a variety of forms helping our readers make
informed decisions for the reduction of breast cancer risk.

If you no longer wish to receive the eUpdate please notify the list manager.
Email eh79 at cornell.edu. Type "remove from eUpdate" in the subject line.

If you know of someone who might like to receive the eUpdate, ask
them to email the list manager, Ellen Hartman at eh79 at cornell.edu.
Include "add to eUpdate" in the subject line.

BCERF / Cornell University
Vet Box 31
College of Veterinary Medicine
Ithaca, NY 14853-6401