Amalgam ban demanded in Germany

arie_ at hotmail.com arie_ at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 23 18:54:32 EST 1999

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999 01:21:47 +0200, "Hans Lennros"
<hans.lennros at swipnet.se> wrote:

>Hi Arie,
>
>You wrote:
>>I did not know the story with which they try to keep the workers working.
>
>Workers?       We are talking 8 - 12 year old kids here!

I there might be a misunderstanding between the two of us. You wrote:
"The employers say to the workers that all people in the Western World
has mercury in their teeth. Grown-ups do not believe this. That's why
they can only use 8 to 12 year old children in the process."

So I thought that they tried to keep the workers working, but did
succeed to use children. So I replied:
"I did not know the story with which they try to keep the workers
working."
And of course it's a shame that they children for the job instead, no
question about it.

>Mats Hansson thinks that all dentists using dental amalgam are
>responsible in the slow murders of those children since their use
>of this toxic substance contributes to a ' lowered awareness'
>towards one of the most toxic substances known to man.

Well, I don't see it that sharp. It's the foremen that use the
children who are responsible for that part of the global misery.
Dentists are responsible for the part that they directly cause: a
number of mental problems at least by using mercury amalgam.

>Imagine that some of this gold is used in dental bridgework.
>Sometimes I think that at least some dentists just couldn't care less.

It's always the same discussion, the people who pay for the stuff
(gold in this case), are they responsible for the terrible conditions
in which the producers work? I don't know, I still think it's mainly
the people who force the workers to work in this condition are the
main responsibles, people refusing to buy the stuff are well behaving.

>If you want to read the shocking research about this take a look at:
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/htbin-post/Entrez/query?db=m&form=6&uid=10379006&dopt=m&dispmax=20
>and look also at related sites.
>
>Horrible reading !!!

I didn't read it yet