Meeting Announcement: Physiological Genomics & Rat Models

c. miller rellim at MAILHOST.TCS.TULANE.EDU
Mon Sep 20 16:59:25 EST 1999

Physiological Genomics & Rat Models
December 9 - 12, 1999
Abstracts Due: October 13, 1999

Organized by:
Howard Jacob, Medical College of Wisconsin
Doug Vollrath, Stanford University

Dear Colleague:

You are cordially invited to participate in a new meeting on
Physiological genomics & Rat Models, which will be held at
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory. The meeting will begin with dinner and the
first session on the evening of Thursday, December 9, and will conclude with
lunch on Sunday, December 12, 1999. We are looking forward to a broad-based
meeting, and abstracts are welcomed on all scientific topics related to rat
genetics, genomics and physiology.

The format of the meeting will include six oral sessions consisting of invited
and short talks, limited to approximately 15 minutes, principally on
unpublished work. Oral presentations will be selected by the organizers from
the submitted abstracts. The other submitted abstracts will be presented in
poster session(s).

As is usual at Cold Spring Harbor Meetings, all abstracts of both poster and
platform sessions will be published in an abstract book given to all the
participants.

Abstract deadline: October 13, 1999

Abstracts must be submitted by the abstract deadline.

Please note that we will only process registration and/or abstract submission
upon payment of the required deposit. We encourage you to register and submit
abstracts for the meeting electronically at our web site (see url below). If
you are unable to register or submit abstracts electronically, registration
materials are available from the address below. Status (talk/poster) of
abstracts will be posted on our web site as soon as decisions have been made
by the Organizers.

Confirmed Speakers:
Tim Aitman, Michael Festing, Detlev Ganten, Phil Iannaccone, Margit Knoblaugh,
Mathew LaVail, Ake Lernmark, Goran Levan, John Mullins, Joe Nadeau, Val
Sheffield, Peter Tonellato, Cheryl Walker, Ron Wilder

Proposed Topics:

. GENOMICS

EST Sequencing; Rat Genome Project; Mouse Full-Length cDNA
Sequencing

. BIOINFORMATICS

Rat Genome Database; Rat Map

. EXPRESSION PROFILING

. COMPARATIVE MAPPING

RH Mapping

. COMPLEX TRAIT ANALYSIS

Statistical Analysis; ENU Mutagenesis; High Through-put Phenotyping

. MODEL SYSTEMS

Autoimmunity; Behavior; IDDM; Retinal Degeneration/Gene Therapy; Cancer;

Obesity; Heart Disease

. TRANSGENICS

Cardiovascular Models; Cancer Models; Rat Trangenic Model for AIDs; Nuclear
Transfer;

ES Cells for the Rat

. PHARMACOGENOMICS/RISK ASSESSMENT

Drugs of Addiction; Ethanol; Obesity

. Workshop: Transgenics in the Rat

CSHL Web Site:
http://nucleus.cshl.org/meetings/_archive/1999/99Rodent.htm

Meeting news is also posted in RAT COMMUNITY FORUM at:
http://goliath.ifrc.mcw.edu/RCF