Any comments on this explanation for allergy? (yes, of course :)

Hans Lennros hans.lennros at swipnet.se
Thu Jun 10 17:57:45 EST 1999

Hi Joel,

You wrote:
>LAWYER: "Doctor, where did you learn that chelating
>mercury was proper dental care?"
>How would you answer that one?

That's an easy one!  I would love to be in that court-
room setting getting that question. Unfortunately I do
not chelate mercury. If I did; I would say to the lawyer:

"Established medical practice in all major hospitals all
 over the World in cases of high and unintentional heavy
 metal exposure"

LAWYER: But you are a dentist and shouldn't practice medicine!

El Hanso: (to the lawyer): Did you ever meet a person who had
               caught a cold?

LAWYER: Yes, ... but..

El Hanso:  Did you tell that person that: "You have a cold, you should
                 go home" or "He is down with the flu" or something.

LAWYER:  Yes, of course. It happens at least once a week in winter
                 I have to tell the court that my client cannot turn up because
                 he or she is sick, in bed with a cold.

El Hanso:  And you tell the court that you have met with your client that
                day and can sort of verify why the client couldn't make it?

LAWYER: Yes, but where is this leading ...?

El Hanso:  It just lead to the fact that we can establish that you, in front of
                a lot of truthful witnesses, admitted to making medical diagnosises
                on a routin basis. I do not think you learned that in law-school.
                Can you present the Court with your medical license, please ?

Heck, I love squeeeezing lawyers (and some occasional dentist).

Bye for now,
Hans