Any comments on this explanation for allergy? (yes, of course :)

arie at no.mail.thanks.nl arie at no.mail.thanks.nl
Thu Jun 3 16:37:19 EST 1999

On Thu, 03 Jun 1999 01:32:27 GMT, joele at earthlink.net (Joel M. Eichen)
wrote:

>arie at no.mail.thanks.nl wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 01 Jun 1999 23:23:40 GMT, joele at earthlink.net (Joel M. Eichen)
>>wrote:

>>>Sorry Hans. No profession works that way. Medical doctors do not "make
>>>up their own minds" irrespective of research!
>
>>Sorry, I didn't catch your point, when did the research take place
>>that should have proven that applying mercury in amalgam fillings is
>>safe?
>

>So far, no diseases are caused by "mercury fillings."

You probably mean to say:
"Until now, no eligible and sound large scale epidemiologic research
has been carried out in order to explore a possible relationship
between the occurrence of mercury amalgam fillings and diseases."
But to conclude that "no diseases are caused"...  ok, if you'd say "no
diseases are found"... then you're right. But not found doesn't mean
they don't exist. Especially in the view of the fact that there's a
lot of case reports from people's health improving after amalgam
removal. Which, if there wouldn't have been such a strong lobby from
the dental community, normally already would have led to an increased
epidemiologic research to investigate this further.

arie