DETOXIFICATION

Dan dash33 at nr.infi.net
Sun Aug 1 19:31:57 EST 1999

On Sun, 01 Aug 1999 13:18:44 +0100, Wood <cjwood at globalnet.co.uk>
wrote:

>Dear Dan,
>
>The details on the Purification Rundown can be found at:
>
>http://www.lronhubbardprofile.org/purif2.htm
>
>If you have any further questions, please get back in touch....

Actually, I find no specific detail and no actual science at the
Scientology site.  The link mentions that L Ron Hubbard has a theory
that residues of drugs and pesticides accumulate in fatty tissue and
may be cleared through a sweating out process.  It has long been
known that certain lipid soluble residues may deposit in fatty
tissues- a function of their lipid solubility and the relatively low
xenobiotic metabolizing capacity of fatty tissues.  Nothing new
about that.  However, I find it more difficult to believe that
deposition of drugs/toxins in fat is a general phenomenon that
involves substances other than those having substantial lipid
solubility.   I also believe that the reference at the website to
LSD flashbacks as an example of a stored toxin being liberated is
completely incorrect.  Has Mr Hubbard or his associates published
any studies supporting the theory in a peer-reviewed journal?

Dan