Toxicologist position at TERA

Michael Dourson dourson at TERA.ORG
Thu Apr 8 18:51:45 EST 1999

--MS_Mac_OE_3006442169_31545_MIME_Part

Toxicology Excellence for Risk Assessment (TERA) is seeking an experienced
toxicologist or epidemiologist to join our independent non-profit team.  The
interested candidate should have an advanced degree and at least 2 years of
experience critically evaluating toxicology and epidemiology studies in
support of characterizations of human health hazards from chemicals.  We are
particularly interested in candidates with quantitative experience in cancer
assessment, epidemiology and/or pharmacokinetics.  Understanding of issues
related to mode of action and mechanisms of toxicity is also a plus.

Desirable qualifications:

*Advanced degree in health risk assessment, environmental health,
environmental epidemiology, toxicology, biochemistry, pharmacology, or a
closely related field.
*Experience reviewing and summarizing literature to characterize human
health
risks.  Experience applying the U.S. EPA risk assessment guidelines
and methods for the development of RfDs, RfCs, and cancer assessments.
*Experience writing human health risk assessment reports and related
technical documents.
*Excellent interpersonal skills.  Desire to work with a team in a
cooperative environment.
*Ability to work independently, but a willingness to seek guidance when
needed.
*Excellent written and oral communication skills.
*Motivated, proactive, and self-directed.
Toxicology Excellence for Risk Assessment (TERA) is a non-profit corporation
dedicated to the best use of toxicity information for risk values.  TERA is
a growing scientific and educational organization that strives to protect
public health by studying the toxicity of environmental contaminants and
developing corresponding risk values.
Location:  Cincinnati, Ohio

Salary: negotiable.

Contact:
Michael Dourson Ph.D.
Toxicology Excellence for Risk Assessment (TERA)
4303 Hamilton Ave.
Cincinnati, OH 45231
Fax 513-542-7487
Dourson at tera.org
http://www.tera.org

--MS_Mac_OE_3006442169_31545_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Toxicologist position at TERA</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#FFFFFF">
<BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
Toxicology Excellence for Risk Assessment (TERA) is seeking an experienced =
toxicologist or epidemiologist to join our independent non-profit team. &nbs=
p;The interested candidate should have an advanced degree and at least 2 yea=
rs of experience critically evaluating toxicology and epidemiology studies i=
n support of characterizations of human health hazards from chemicals. &nbsp=
;We are particularly interested in candidates with quantitative experience i=
n cancer assessment, epidemiology and/or pharmacokinetics. &nbsp;Understandi=
ng of issues related to mode of action and mechanisms of toxicity is also a =
plus. &nbsp;<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
Desirable qualifications:<BR>
<BR>
*Advanced degree in health risk assessment, environmental health,<BR>
environmental epidemiology, toxicology, biochemistry, pharmacology, or a cl=
osely related field.<BR>
*Experience reviewing and summarizing literature to characterize human heal=
th<BR>
risks. &nbsp;Experience applying the U.S. EPA risk assessment guidelines<BR=

and methods for the development of RfDs, RfCs, and cancer assessments.<BR>
*Experience writing human health risk assessment reports and related techni=
cal documents.<BR>
*Excellent interpersonal skills. &nbsp;Desire to work with a team in a coop=
erative environment.<BR>
*Ability to work independently, but a willingness to seek guidance when nee=
ded.<BR>
*Excellent written and oral communication skills.<BR>
*Motivated, proactive, and self-directed.<BR>
Toxicology Excellence for Risk Assessment (<I>TERA</I>) is a non-profit cor=
poration dedicated to the best use of toxicity information for risk values. =
&nbsp;<I>TERA </I>is a growing scientific and educational organization that =
strives to protect public health by studying the toxicity of environmental c=
ontaminants and developing corresponding risk values. <BR>
Location: &nbsp;Cincinnati, Ohio<BR>
<BR>
Salary: negotiable.<BR>
<BR>
Contact:<BR>
Michael Dourson Ph.D.<BR>
Toxicology Excellence for Risk Assessment (TERA)<BR>
4303 Hamilton Ave.<BR>
Cincinnati, OH 45231<BR>
Fax 513-542-7487<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U>Dourson at tera.org</U></FONT> &nbsp;<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U>http://www.tera.org</U></FONT> <BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3006442169_31545_MIME_Part--