How long to toxicara eggs last in soil?

Peter ft63 at dial.pipex.com
Sun Jan 28 14:46:37 EST 1996

Hello,

We have moved to a house whose garden was covered with dog faeces,
from the previous occupants. We have two very young children, and
there is the obvious risk. One cannot guarantee that a child will not
put his fingers in his mouth sometime.

I am aware that the soil does not *become* dangerous for around 2
weeks after the dog has done its business.

How many months do the eggs take to decay in the soil?

I posted this question in some dog owners' groups, with no response,
not suprisingly.

Peter.