RFD: sci.med.toxicology

C3J5 c3j5 at aol.com
Mon Jan 15 05:03:24 EST 1996

  In accordance with Usenet rules, please post (or at least cross-post)
all comments regarding the proposed newsgroup, sci.med.toxicology, to the
newsgroup, news.groups.  Your e-mail messages have been welcome and
appreciated but I have to routinely request the author's permission to
post the comments to news.groups, thus delaying and/or making the
discussion incomplete.

  Maillist members who do not have access to newsgroups may continue to
e-mail their comments to me or the list but please mention your lack of
newsgroup access and give me permission to post your comments to
news.groups for you.

  AOL'ers can obtain a copy of the RFD to which to reply (and discussion
up to this point), avoid a significant amount of online time, and avoid a
lot of the garbage (IMHO) in news.groups via the following steps (could
anyone give me comparable instructions for CompuServ and Prodigy?):
 1. Click on Internet Connection.
 2. Click on Newsgroups.
 3. Click on Expert Add.
 4. Type in news.groups.
 5. Click on Add.
 6. Click on Read My Newsgroups.
 7. Click on Discussions and lists of newsgroups.
 8. Click on Mark Read.
 9. Click on List All.
10. Click on Preferences
11. Edit 'Show Messages No More Than ___ Days Old' to extend back to Jan.
7.
12. Click on Save.
13. Click OK on error messaage.
14. Close Discussions and lists of newsgroups.
15. Click on List All again.
16. Locate and click on the RFD: sci.med.toxicology thread.
17. Click on Mark As Unread.
(Repeat steps 16 and 17 for any stray Re: RFD: sci.med.toxicology threads)
18. Return to newsgroups menu.
19. Click on Read Offline.
20. Click on Discussions and lists of newsgroups.
21. Click on Add.
22. Click on OK.
23. Do a flash session to include Read Unread Newsgroup Messages.
(Your Personal Filing Cabinet now has the desired posts.)
24. Click on Internet Connection.
25. Click on Newsgroups.
26. Click on Read Offline.
27. Click on Discussions on lists of newsgroups.
28. Click on Remove.
29. Click on OK.
30. Exit to offline.

DISTRIBUTION: