Let's Welcome Postings

spirited at aimnet.com spirited at aimnet.com
Fri Jan 5 17:19:54 EST 1996

Peter:  I generally agree with your comments.  In my opinion, the postings would have to be in very
bad taste to warrant moderation of a news group.

Quite frankly, this newsgroup does not have a reputation of being a place to obtain any significant
exchange of information on toxicology.  The mercury postings and the question of moderation are the
most significant interest I've seen on it in the month or so that I've been reading it.

To me this unfortunate, because I'm looking for a forum for active discussion of tox issues, for
purposes of professional growth and to make contacts on issues which are of interest me.  I would
like to see this newsgroup grow significantly in visibility and use, and then perhaps branch off into
more specialized groups.

I'm not enthusiastic about moderating the mailing list, at least at this point.  It seems unnecessary
until it becomes a problem.