vote to moderate bionet.toxicology?

Chuck Miller rellim at MAILHOST.TCS.TULANE.EDU
Wed Jan 3 10:50:48 EST 1996

Several inappropriate postings to the bionet.toxicology group have recently
appeared. One way to eliminate this electronic "junk" mail is to moderate
the postings to the news group. I am looking into the possibility of
setting up a screening system to eliminate spams and other inappropriate
e-mail.

Now is the time to voice your opinion if you are strongly for or against
moderation. Please post your opinions to the group (toxicol at net.bio.net or
toxicol at daresbury.ac.uk, depending on your location in the world) rather
than to me. Guidelines for what constitutes an "appropriate" message have
been laid out by BIOSCI/BIONET. I will follow these guidelines in
moderating posts should the group be in favor of moderation.

Basically - any posting of even remote toxicological interest will be
posted. Moderation will only be used to sensor the "get rich quick" and
other junk messages.

HAPPY '96 AND GOOD LUCK THE NEW YEAR TO ALL

CHUCK

Dr. Charles A. Miller,  rellim at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu
Bionet.Toxicology News Group Discussion Leader
Dept. Environmental Health Sciences
Rm. 374, Center for Bioenvironmental Research
School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
Tulane University Medical Center
1430 Tulane Ave. Box SL29
New Orleans, LA 70112
Ph. 504-585-6942, Fx. 504-585-6939