IUBio

electrophoresis 2D

Mitchell Isaacs misaacs at spam_me_not.student.usyd.edu.au
Wed Jun 27 02:04:32 EST 2001

"Bryan J. Maloney" <bjm10 at cornell.edu> wrote in message
news:bjm10-4DF351.16300326062001 at newsstand.cit.cornell.edu...
> In article <%kTY6.151945$ff.1164371 at news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
> "Mitchell Isaacs" <misaacs at spam_me_not.student.usyd.edu.au> wrote:
>
> > Not with silver - you want coomassie or cypro Ruby.
> >
> > Ruby is the best - most sensitive & quantitative over the widest range.
>
> Does cypro ruby require a laser to read it or can it be read on a CCD
> machine?
Sorry for my inital typo - it's actually SYPRO ruby - if you're having
problems looking for references.

>From Berggren et al, Electrophoresis 2000 Jul;21(12):2509-21:

"The stain can be visualized using a wide range of excitation sources
commonly used in image analysis systems including a 302 nm UV-B
transilluminator, 473 nm second harmonic generation (SHG) laser, 488 nm
argon-ion laser, 532 nm yttrium-aluminum-garnet (YAG) laser, xenon arc lamp,
blue fluorescent light bulb or blue light-emitting diode (LED)."

Cheers,
Mitchell