IUBio

protein kinase-target interaction exposes phosphorylation sites?

Dominic-Luc Webb molmed domweb at mbox.ki.se
Tue Jun 19 14:59:43 EST 2001

I am hoping someone could point me to reliable information,
perhaps suitable references. I am confronted with a crystal
structure that shows that a phosphorylation site I am interested
in is masked from its kinase. I have reason to believe that
this site is made accessible to the kinase when the kinase forms
a complex with this protein target.

Can someone please tell me if there are any known examples of
demonstrated discrepancies between experimental phosphorylation
studies and crystallography or some other suitable example where
a phosphorylation site is masked from the kinase until the kinase
reaches its target protein?

Any ideas and/or references would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Dominic
dominic at enk.ks.se

North 59 37' 30"