IUBio

his-tag buffer

Dr. Artem Evdokimov eudokima at mail.ncifcrf.gov
Wed Jun 6 13:03:29 EST 2001

Hey I am a bad biologist so no worries:)

By the way, this reduction (I am not entirely convinced that that's the
only reaction that takes place) happens over rather long periods of
time, so in general Tris is not all that bad. Besides, at pH 7-7.4,
amine of the tris is mostly charged which will make it not so prone to
reducing anything. If you go to pH 8 then perhaps you start running into
problems. In our experience, 10-20 mM Tris is allright for at least a
few runs.

Artem

--
|Dr. Artem Evdokimov   Protein Engineering |
| NCI-Frederick        Tel. (301)846-5401  |