IUBio

protein electrophoresis

Frank Fuerst fant.1 at gmx.net
Wed Apr 26 02:40:54 EST 2000

Edward schrieb:

> Hi, this might be a silly question, but I really need your help.
> I am using the product of immunoprecipitation for electrophoresis, that is,
> the samples are antibody-antigen complexes (is that right?).
> My question is that will there be a possiblity of degrading, or breaking of
> the ab-ag complexes, during the procedure of SDS-PAGE, which is a denaturing
> electrophoresis.

I never did this. But since momomeric proteins are denatured in
SDS-PAGE and oligomeric are dissociated and denatured, I see no reason
why your ab-ag complexes should not dissociate, as long as you don't
chemically crosslink.

Frank
--
Die Verwendung von mehreren Ausrufezeichen macht die Aussage nicht
ausrufender sondern ausufernder. [Michael Bauer in dnq]