Finally, the beta version 1.0 of HPLC-WIZARD is ready for evaluation.
Get to our home page at http://home5.inet.tele.dk/daller/index.htm
to download the beta version.
HPLC-WIZARD is a Microsoft® Windows 95/98/NT application designed for
easy calculation of amino acid distributions from HPLC - chromatograms.
to the existing method of numerical integration, which suffers from
due to inaccurate partion of overlapping peaks and improper treatment of
function, HPLC-WIZARD calculates an amino acid distribution by
modelling the HPLC- chromatograms
by using different density functions to model the peaks and a background
on Principal Component Analysis to model the background.
In the evaluation of appropiate candidate functions to model the peaks
in the HPLC - chromatograms,
it was found necessary to develop tools to estimate how good a candidate
function was able to model
the chromatograms in a visual as well as statistical aspect. As these
tools are made available to
the user means that, apart from calculation of amino acid distributions
HPLC - WIZARD offers the following other important features:
1. The functionality of a MDI-application (Multiple Document Interface).
makes simultanous examination of several HPLC-chromatograms possible.
2. An user friendly environment making it easy to navigate around in the
chromatograms. This implies zoom, scroll, clip and stretch functions
the ability to draw chromatograms in numerous ways.
3. A function gallery, in which the user can select among several
functions to find the best function to model the peaks in a specific
4. Access to view and edit any parameter in the system. This implies
or restraining individual peak and backgrund function parameters.
5. Graphical insertion, modification and minimization of peak functions,
possible to model peaks with underlying structures or huge overlaps.
6. Implementation of joint refinement to handle response overflow.
7. Three different quantification methods. This involves a fully
averaging of the compounds in up to 10 chromatograms.
8. Well-arranged presentation of results on screen as well as printer.