[Plant-biology] Yucca Stalks and Flutes

Clint Goss via plantbio%40net.bio.net (by clint from goss.com)
Tue Apr 30 06:16:37 EST 2013

Hello All -

I am part of a group of folks who work in the world of ethnic flutes, and in particular the origins of these instruments. We're
trying to track down a potential link with yucca stalks.

We have examples of beautifully carved holes in yucca stalks, apparently created by some non-human agent. We're trying to track down
how these holes were created, and if there is a possible link to how we learned to create primitive flutes with embouchure holes.

Pics and a bit of discussion is posted on a working page at:

  http://www.Flutopedia.com/yucca.htm

Any thoughts, feedback, and ideas would be appreciated from this group .

-- Clint Goss, Ph.D.