[Plant-biology] kale

willis via plantbio%40net.bio.net (by willis from wasdo.did)
Fri Jan 22 14:10:37 EST 2010

   I planted some kale outdoors last year later than it should be planted.
Only one came up and also survived. It has gone through at least 3 winter
freezes, down to 13 degrees F, with no protection from the cold. It is doing
fine now, and it perked up when I watered it. Is it unusal for kale to
survive freezes? Of course, my wild garlic survives everything, except for
being suffocated by groundcover.